Tuesday, May 4, 2010

La-La Land's Weekly Wednesday Challenge 37 - Color Challenge

This week at La-La Land Crafts Blog, our hostess, JANA, has a great color challenge for us!  Here's the color challenge . . .


This was a stumper for me just looking at the 4 colors.  How was I going to incorporate each one and make a pretty card?  Well, here's what I came up with.


I went with one main color which is the purple.  {{Thanks Irina!  Luv the papers you sent me . . . see?  Already used them!}}  The green from the leaves and flowers just blended together.  Thought orange hair would work and a tinge of pink.  Voila!  I don't think all 4 colors overwhelmed each other . . . what do you think?


A closer look at Pumpkin Lala.  Yes, Pumpkin Lala!  I actually wiped away the pumpkin (which was sitting on her lap) on my inked rubber.  In place, I placed a flower, tucking it into her lap.  Click {HERE} to see how I altered this flower.  Maureen did an excellent job with this tutorial!  I've been cutting up my hydrangeas like a mad woman!  :)

You can purchase Pumpkin Lala at the Online Store!  What's better is you can purchase Window Lala for 20% off only for the week of this challenge!  Run on over to the store now!  Thanks for stopping by!  :)


14 comments:

  1. so sweet! really pretty colors and love what you did with the flowers!! beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You incorporated the colors perfectly! Such a pretty, dainty card...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love how you managed to get all the colors in there, but keep it so soft!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on the color challenge!! Love the idea of one main color and then just adding in the rest!! the orange on her hair, classic touch!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. great take on the color challenge. I do have a hard time doing those...but you really knew how to incorporate all of them so nicely! hope all is well with you! have a good hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job with these colors...WHAT a sweet layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure do love to mutilate, um... I mean alter images... LOL! J/K! Your card turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to switch out the pumpkin and replace it with something else! This really makes your stamp versatile for the year. I love the layout and pretty flowers. Your coloring of her is AWESOME!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty! Lovin the flowers.
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have much time to blog hop but had to see what you've been up to. Glad I peeked in, love how you altered Lala and your flower, very sweet card! I must try this with my hydrangeas too, thanks for the tip! Have a great Mother's Day Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job with this color challenge, Mama! You incorporated all the colors effortlessly with a bit of each color...your thinking cap surely works ALL of the time...I need to borrow it! Lol! Thanks for the tip on the Prima flowers...guess you know what I'll be doing with mine (snip, snip, snip)! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a creative take on that color challenge Mama and I think you totally pulled it off! Beautiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya Mama ... long time no talk!! I LOVE YOUR CARD - you have such a golden touch with your coloring, layout and well ... EVERYTHING!!

    Hope you have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

    Huggies,
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)