Monday, December 27, 2010

2011 2 Drawer Calendar Set . . .

I hope everyone has recovered somewhat from all the Christmas festivities.  I'm still not there yet . . . it was such a long day for me and my family on Christmas day, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world when you can spend time with family!  We usually do breakfast here at the house with my in-laws and with my FIL's side of the family.  Then it's off to my parents/brother's house for lunch.  And finally, we head out to my MIL's side of the family for dinner.  I know it sounds crazy . . . family is very important to me!

How did you spend your Christmas?  I'd luv to hear some of your traditions on how you spent the day!

Anyways, I'd like to share this 2011 2 Drawer Calendar set that I made for Christmas.  I made around 36 of these to give away . . . every year my list gets longer with the amount I need to make.  I usually give them away to family and close friends as gifts. 


The idea of a 2 Drawer Calendar set came to be when I found a bunch of coasters laying around collecting dust!  Totally forgot that I had these . . . then the idea of using my Hello Kitty Peel and Stick Stamps would be perfect to incorporate into the calendar.  I like the interchanging images for each month.  I attached Velcro to the back of each image.  This calendar can be using all year long, every year!  


You're probably wondering where I had the time to make these since I just gave birth to my newborn son.  Well, I started these back in September!  I knew I wouldn't have time once baby got here so planning ahead was the only way.  Just glad I got them done!  I do hope that those that I sent them to enjoyed the calendar set as much as I enjoyed putting them together.  :) 

I still have to post my "special moment" here on the blog.  Also, want to share some CRAKS (Christmas RAKS) I received from special friends!  See ya laters!

17 comments:

  1. LOVE the calendar and 2-drawer set!!! Totally FAB idea!! Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas festivities and that Santa was good to you all! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! TFS! Sounds like you had a nice busy xmas. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mama! Super cute project! I spent Christmas with my family. Have a great week! Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great christmas gifts! love the hello kitty :) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL is all I can say. oh and that I LOVE mine!!! thank you for thinking of me! I am so blessed by you and your friendship. I am also always so blown away that you can find the time to be so creative and so intricate! I love all my gifts this year! hope to get together with you and the ladies soon! sounds like a fun filled Christmas with family. hope you have a blast ringing in the new year too! take care and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! very awesome calendars! so creative! Seems like you had a nice christmas with your family! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW what a fun and super darling project!!! WOOOWEEE 36 you are a machine gf...and soooo thoughtful, what a GREAT gift to receive!!! Hope you and the family had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mama! Happy Holidays to you and your new bundle of joy! I honestly don't know how you created 36 of those awesome calendar sets! You are one amazing Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lvoe the idea, Mama! I am sure your friends will love it! we usually open presents on Christmas Eve at my house with my sister in law's. Then on Christmas Day, we gather at my mom's place. This year, we had the kids' bday party....very much weekend. I still have presents all over the house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LUVLUVLUV mine Mama, thank you soooo much! You are amazing, just "thinking" about 36 sets wears me out, lol! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Guess what, we start with a family breakfast too! Have a wonderful and safe New Years. All the best to the 1luvnfamily in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am totally luvin' my calendar set! it is amazing and such a great idea! now all i need is to get me some of those hk stamps... can you believe i don't have them yet? lol! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really LUV LUV LUV my calendar/2-drawer desk set, Mama! I was just flabbergasted at all the work you put into and luv the 12 different HKs to change out every month, neatly tucked away in one of the drawers! So clever, so unique, so utilitarian! This was a wonderful gift to receive and I am so Blessed by your friendship. I really appreciate all the things you do for your friends! Have a fantastic New Year and enjoy your family and friends! Looking forward to seeing you soon next year! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable calender/drawer! Love the colors and of course the cutie HK! Sounds like you had a very cherished, special celebration and hope the new year brings much more happiness! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is nothing better than Christmas spent with those you love and it sounds like yours was a busy one but oh so worth it!
    I was surrounded by family too and had a wonderful time. :)
    These desk calendars are just ingenious and super cute, I feel so lucky to have one gracing my crafty desk... I love it! Thanks so much Mama and I hope your New Years is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you do magic with projects like this, Mama! and you made 36 of them? wow! love this sweet and thoughtful project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great way to enjoy and spend the holidays!! I thank you soooo much for the beautiful calendar!! I LOVE it so much and have it sitting on my desk!! Such creativity! Since the holidays, I have had no mojo to create.. only when I am forced to!LOL!!
    Hope all is well!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)